Getting Help


Getting Help

The SEN Procedure

It can be difficult to diagnose dyslexia in young children as the signs may not be obvious. If you have any concerns about your child, the first step is to speak to the class teacher, school SENCO and head teacher.  If additional teaching and support are required, your school may request a more in-depth assessment and contact the Specialist Needs Services at the local education authority to request an assessment and gain advise from the LEA Educational Psychology department.

Parents may also contact the Specialist Needs Services at you local LEA directly and request the same assessment, although at times it can be very frustrating and time-consuming process.

Leicestershire Services


Parent Partnership